Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mission Falls Meets Area Rug

With a Great Niece or Nephew on the way I could resist Mission Falls cotton from Kniterary no longer. You can see from my personal knitting blog that a yarn purchase wasn't necessary, but there is no resisting the colours from Mission Falls. You can pick almost any colours and they look great together. What was really funny, was when I decided to photograph on something other than the bland sheets/pillowcases that I use when photographing for patterns to publish I decided to use our area rug in the family. How clueless can I be...the colours were the EXACT shades as were in the rug! The cardigan pattern is one I have made myself, incorporating cables of a different colour than the main body, similar to a sweater I made myself years ago from a knitting magazine, and then to go a step further I decided on stripes. Then, for one more twist on the cable, inspired by Fiona Ellis' daring, I twisted different colours in the X's than the O's in the Hugs and Kisses cable. I am debating writing this pattern up for Kniterary, because it may be a bit much. So, if you would like this or perhaps a simplified version, let me know and I will write it up. The baby shower was today, so, missed the deadline, but baby isn't due for a few weeks, and of course the cardigan is sized for over 6 months, so it will get lots of use.

1 comment:

Kniterary Knews said...

I love how that is turning out. I think you should write up the pattern with colour changes in cable as well as without.