Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Day We Knit in Public



The day started out with showers as we put up the gazebo as we prepared to receive knitters to help create a cozy for our tree.

Then the day cleared up and the knitters they came sitting inside at first because of the chill in the air. A photographer from Snap came and took pictures of our group which ranged from 6 to 60ish. I started to sew together some blocks around the tree. As I was I fertilized the ground beneath said tree with my favorite darning needle...sigh.



By the end of the day more had been added including a sweater UFO that now has wrapped it's arms around it in a great big hug. The locals think that the Kniterary lady is a bit crazy but I like it and I will continue to add to it and will encourage others to add to it. It will be fun to see how long it will actually stay on the tree!




The weather warmed up and while I sewed others knitted under the gazebo. Vickie is almost finished her contribution to the cozy and I hope she will sew it up herself (just kidding Vickie).

There were a dozen or so knitters who joined us through the day to spread the joy of knitting!

Thanks to all of them!

No comments: