Saturday, September 8, 2007

Busy Week!

It has been a busy week at Kniterary!


The new stock keeps on arriving. This week Sublime Angora Merino, 2 Debbie Bliss yarns and more Noro arrived. Pictured is the Sublime Angora Merino. (ooh soft...)




I have also ordered some Malabrigo kettle dyed lace weight . It is so yummy! One skein has 400m so is enough to do a small shawl. The price is reasonable too (though of course it escapes me now).

Thursday night was the first Thursday Sit N' Knit of the season. I had wine and cheese for everybody. Seven lucky people got to take home door prizes!

There was a great turn out . Old friendships were renewed and new ones started. I forgot to take pictures. But here are some of the morning after.

This is 2 of the door prizes waiting to be picked up.

Aren't the flowers beautiful! I picked them up at the Oshawa farmers market along with some vegetables. Good place to get everything local!


The napkins are resting in their Muskoka chair guarding the dirty wine glasses.


I also started the pumpkins for the felted pumpkin class in October . Pre felted version is here. Soon to have the felted version. I am just waiting to have more to go in the wash before I do it.



The Kniterary Literary club met last night for the first time. We will be meeting the first Friday of every month. We talked about books and knitting and life. We are reading

The Birth House by Ami McKay this month. I am looking forward to it! Of course again no pictures. I will try to get better at getting my camera out at these events!

The first beginners and individual project classes begin today. Yeah!


1 comment:

Judy said...

I wish I lived closer. The Sit and Knits sound wonderful. By the way, I am so proud of you.