Monday, October 29, 2007

Almost Halloween..

Wednesday is Halloween.
Boo!! Did I scare you?

That means that Thurday is November 1st.

That means that as of Thursday there will be 55 knitting days until Christmas!

Remember there are lots of quick scarfs and hats that can be done for gifts!

I have been knitting up a quick snuggly shawl from the Fond Time Farm hand spun, naturally dyed Alpaca. I am knitting it like a simple dishcloth pattern without the decreasing. When it gets almost as long as it is going to be I will do a row of yarn over, knit 2 together and then 4 more rows of knitting before casting off. I am really enjoying knitting this because it is quick and easy,and, despite the tight spin and rustic look to the yarn is is really soft and buttery. It is going to be one of the snuggliest shawls ever! So far it has taken 4 pucks of the Alpaca. The approximate cost to make it is $64.00.


I have also been knitting an argyle scarf with Hempwol from Lanaknits Designs. This yarn feels like it will be scratchy while in the ball but is really soft! I am loving knitting with it! Once the hemp washes I expect it will be so, so soft! I'll keep you updated. Because I am using 4 different colours (I am going to duplicate stitch in white stripes) it is taking 4 balls. At $6.49 a ball that is a scarf for $28.00. Actually because there will be lots of the green, red and white left at least one more scarf could be made cutting one scarf to $14.00!! I will write up the pattern for this As soon as I have finished the scarf I promise.

I was in Toronto yesterday to wish Lisa a happy birthday and got started on a Lopi bag for felting. I made some I-cord that I am going to tack on before felting for embellishment. Yes, I am going to write out the pattern for this too! Lopi felts wonderfully! This picture is the pre-felted look. I will post the finished look as soon as it is done.

New Classes are now posted on the classes page of www.kniterary.com. I have included some Sock Saturdays and Finishing Fridays. Go have a look! Prices are all reasonable.

I have been talking to knit designer and author Fiona Ellis and have booked March 22nd, 2008. for her to come out and do her "Twisting with the Cable Girl" workshop. It will be a 3 hour workshop from 1 - 4 PM and the cost will be $30.00. Fiona is a fun and inspirational teacher and I know that you will all love learning from her.

See you in the Shop!

No comments: