Friday, May 29, 2009

June is for Weddings

I have been working on the new window display these last few days and thinking about June and weddings.
I guess partly because June 1st is Jim's and my 24th Anniversary.
But it all starts with the wedding doesn't it? Some are simple, some are ornate but all are special to the couple. A public declaration of love for one another.

Since I have been thinking about weddings my window is becoming a knitted wedding theme. White knitted lace and flowers and froth. How and what does one do for a knitted wedding?
Well, I happened across an article in spring/summer Vogue 2008 that featured a knit wedding. All things knit including the cake!

What can you do to include knitted items in a friends wedding?

Lets start with the Bridal Shower. Mason Dixon Knitting has several great ideas including the Ballband Dishcloth Or the Moss Grid Hand Towel





The suggested yarn for this project is Louet's Euroflax Sport and although I do not have it on the shelves I can order it for you! I have the colour charts in the shop ready for your perusal!


Can you imagine drying dishes with hand knit Linen??? MMMM....


For a

little bit of fun you could knit the Felted Boxes to store gift items in!


Stay tuned to the next post for Wedding Gift suggestions!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oooh you have my attention!