Thursday, May 14, 2009

I am still here!!




Ok ....



I started a post and it got eaten! I will attempt to remember all that I was so eloquent about.


Creativity has been pouring out of me lately. I completed 2 more canvases that combine my fiber art and paint. Both are hanging in the shop so pop in to see!


Right now I am working on a Bra for Mardi Bra. Mardi Bra is a fund raiser for Priness Margaret and breast cancer research. Artists create bras to be modeled and to be bid on. The money made goes to help fight Breast Cancer. I have chosen to do Marigolds because Whitby was once the "Home of the Marigold" In the photo above the left one is just the base that I am building on. On the right one I have started to build the petals of the flower. I'll keep you updated on the progress!


Just in are 5 colours of Misti Alpaca Sock Yarn. They need to be petted! so come on in!!







There are 2 free patterns available for this gorgeous yarn. One is a sock pattern with sizes from child to large man. The other is a lovely lace scarf pattern. You will get to chose one of the free patterns with the purchase of one skein. Buy 2 skeins - get both!









In the previous post I let you all know about the rug hooking class that will be on Saturday, May 23rd from 1 PM to 4PM. There are only 6 spots left so if you are interested in learning rug hooking basics make sure to sign up soon!
I have finished my sample and really enjoyed my first project!






It really is a fun way to use up left over yarns for quick little projects such as coasters and placemats. I hope you'll join the class!







The Knit A Long for Vickie's newest Shawl pattern begins at the end of this month. The SeaSilk is on its way as I write.

If you would like to join the class to get the shawl started on May 30th at 10 AM let me know. The KAL kit costs $45 and the class is $10.

Pictured here is her shawl knit up in the Ocean colour.

Make sure to stop in as well to see the sale yarns! They have been caught lying down on the job and they need to go!







No comments: